Hosting A Conference
Interested in being a District 2 Fall Leadership Conference Host?
Awhile back, District 2 leaders created the District 2 Fall Leadership Conference for Presidents and officers of local clubs so they could come together to share and learn from each other’s experiences. Because clubs are often transitioning new officers into their local clubs, this conference acts as a venue to familiarize themselves with their regional counterparts face-to-face and feel comfortable in relying on them as a source of reference. And naturally, this is a conference where the District 2 Executive team can meet everyone and share important regional information. So, if there is a club is interested in hosting the District 2 Fall Leadership Conference, please contact one of the members on the D2 Executive Committee.
Here are some of the details/responsibilities you may want to know before raising your hand.
- The Fall Leadership Conference date should be set sometime between late September and mid October.
- Average conference attendance is 30-50 persons.
- While you’re gathering preliminary information (per the details below) to host the conference, please try not to exceed $250 per person registration cost. Hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the attendees and are not part of the registration cost.
- Here’s a short list of materials the host club will need to provide: 1) Save the Date announcement, 2) Registration form including full hotel accommodation details, 3) Agenda, in which the District 2 Executive Committee will help coordinate.
- Normally, attendees are asked to be at the conference site on Friday, by 12:00 noon, as we make try not to take-away from everyone’s normal workday. The conference then continues with a full day on Saturday, with everyone departing on Sunday.
- Hotel accommodations must be secured. In doing so, contracting with for approximately 20 rooms is a good benchmark. We also ask that you get as many double-bed accommodations as possible since often times attendees share rooms with each other to save money.
- A meeting room for Saturday is mandatory, and possibly a half day on Friday, depending on the agenda.
Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) for all registered attendees for the duration of the conference should be factored into your budget. Alcohol consumption may or may not be included.
- We recommend you consider make breakfast and lunch available in the meeting room for Saturday’s full day of discussions.
- In securing the dinner locations, it is wise to limit the attendees dinner selections for a couple reasons: helps you to keep within your budget, and allows you to maintain a more accurate time schedule.
Finally, if time allows, this is a time for you to consider showcasing your city, a valued corporate member, or someone you think will provide a learning experience to our conference attendees. The District 2 Executive Committee will discuss the specifics once you’ve determined some ideas.
Still interested…give us a holler! THANKS!